The Scottish Business Pledge is a partnership between Government and business that demonstrates commitment to building great firms that contribute to Scotland’s future. The aim of the Pledge is to create economic growth through sustainable growth, equality, opportunity and innovation.
We try to do our bit to make our wee corner of Scotland a better place to live and work. When we reviewed the elements that make up the pledge they fitted perfectly with our own aims and objectives.
By signing the Scottish Business Pledge we have committed to:
- Paying the Real Living Wage
- Not using exploitative zero hours contracts
- Great workforce engagement
- Investing in Youth
- Having a balanced workforce
- Putting innovation at the heart of the business
- Exploring International opportunities
- Giving back to our community
- Paying our suppliers promptly
We’re doing pretty well in a lot of these areas, and have some work to do on others, but we recognise they are all important in achieving our vision of the business we want to be.